halfacanuck

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect my actual opinions.

May 23, 2004

Starburst treachery

We (me, my wife and youngest) just returned from seeing Shrek 2. We got there about 15 minutes before the 3:45 show only to be informed it was sold out, so we bought tickets for the 4:45 show and immediately went and stood in line. Here's the line:

Not the best picture I ever took, but I had to turn the flash off and if I'd started rigging up lighting equipment people would've begun to suspect something was going on. Anyhoo, there we stood for twenty minutes before going inside, where as usual I had to take out a second mortgage to buy popcorn and drinks (don't even get me started on this). Here's a picture of Anna, my youngest, waiting to go into the theatre:

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly -- it's probably funnier than the original -- and so did Anna, until I was forced to confess that I'd absent-mindedly eaten all her Starbursts. Here's a picture of Anna after discovering my candy treachery:

As you can see, she's not quite as happy as before. I am a bad, bad father.