halfacanuck

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect my actual opinions.

August 28, 2004

Fear my hair

I have living hair. When Dr Frankenstein declared, "It's alaaayyve!," he was talking about my hair. My hair is actually part of an interdimensional creature. Most of the creature exists in other dimensions, but one part -- the really stupid and obnoxious part -- protrudes into our dimension, and manifests itself as my hair. My hair has been conscious and self-aware since June 1983. Its sole purpose in life is to humiliate me. It was created by God to punish me for some transgression in a past life, possibly involvement at a senior level in the Spanish Inquisition.

Many months ago I decided to give my hair its freedom and let it grow (let it blossom, let it flow), figuring it couldn't possibly look any worse than it does when it's short. In fact it can look worse. Much worse. It can, it seems, look like I'm balancing a sheep on my head. I conjectured that were my hair longer it wouldn't curl quite so much. It does. It curls even more. Like Duncan's horses, my hair did turn and eat itself.

And so, today, I visited the barber. Visiting the barber is without exception a regrettable experience, and today was no different. All would have been well: I carefully explained to the barber (from the Greek "bar," or "near-sighted," and "ber," or "exceptionally clumsy") my requirements, namely something short enough to be tidy and less mirth-inducing, yet long enough not to bring to mind photographs of Hitler Youth meetings. He set about his task quite happily. Then my wife arrived.

"Shorter!" she shrieked (with malice aforethought) from the periphery of the vast fog that is my reality when I'm not wearing my glasses.

"What...?" I call weakly. "Where are you? Where am I?"

"Make it shorter!" she yells again and then, to my dismay, the barber invites her to the chair, entirely without my permission.

"How short?" he asks her. "Like this?"

"Shorter."

"Here?"

"Perfect!"

"Now wait a minute!" I begin to protest, but the barber has already begun shearing, and my wife has evaporated into the mist. I sit for a miserable eternity until I'm allowed to put my glasses back on and examine the result.

"There, take a look at the back," demands the barber, holding up the mirror. I, frankly, am more concerned about the front, where I used to have hair.

"Yes... Yes. It is quite short, isn't it?" I manage to gasp.

The barber beams proudly. My wife looks on from the sidelines, making fraudulent "hey, nice haircut!" faces. I consider legal action or, perhaps, a mob hit.

In other words it was no different from any other haircut I've ever had. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. I leave you now to fetch my hat.

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2016 at 11:31 p.m. , Blogger oakleyses said...

nike roshe, nike air max, jordan shoes, air max, polo outlet, christian louboutin shoes, tiffany and co, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, nike outlet, nike free run, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses wholesale, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, tory burch outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, christian louboutin, prada handbags, nike air max, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, burberry pas cher, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, jordan pas cher, nike free, christian louboutin uk, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses

 
At May 13, 2016 at 11:33 p.m. , Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry uk, nike air max, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, polo lacoste, michael kors, north face uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, oakley pas cher, guess pas cher, kate spade, vans pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, coach purses, abercrombie and fitch uk, hollister pas cher, new balance, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, hollister uk, nike air max uk, sac hermes, replica handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, lululemon canada, coach outlet store online, converse pas cher, timberland pas cher, nike air force, coach outlet, michael kors, north face, true religion outlet, nike roshe run uk, nike tn, nike blazer pas cher, hogan outlet, ray ban uk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home