halfacanuck

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect my actual opinions.

October 22, 2004

New and improved

Yes! In what is undoubtedly the blog event of the year, I finally customized my template. Please let me know what you think! In-depth critiques so far:

  • "I don't like the blue." - my wife.
  • "I like it! Even the blue." - Shaun, whom I now owe $20 (though he said on MSN that I need to increase the padding around the left-hand column, so maybe only $10).
  • "Actually, I REALLY like it." - Anonymous, though I suspect it was la vache sur une colline, in whose honor this entry is titled.
  • "Still don't like the blue." - my wife. But then she asks: "Does having readership validation of blog layout, ummm, actually validate something beyond everyone else's visual and spatial colour preferences? Surely it's the content that matters!" Well, yes, the content matters. But a blog is, after all, a form of publishing. Very few book publishers say "Screw the readers! As long as you, the designer, like it, that's all that matters." If my new design was greeted with universal condemnation and exclamations of disgust then I'd change it...
  • "I don't like the blue either. It's feminine bordering upon - dare I say - gay." - Anonymous, aka Dave Smith, who used to be a friend of mine. It's not gay, it's subtle and subdued. Damnit. This blue is turning out to be a bit controversial.

You can do better than that, I'm sure, so comment already.

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2004 at 1:51 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Even the blue. Good work on the header and the use of these subtle tones. The green/blue/white reminds me of the tabletop Q*Bert game I had as a kid. Actually it's still in my bedroom!

-Shaun

 
At October 23, 2004 at 3:23 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I REALLY like it. Lots better than before.
Even if you -did- title it 'new and improved'...I'll let that slide.

 
At October 23, 2004 at 3:31 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still don't like the blue. Then again, I'm not a big fan of the colour blue to begin with. Does having readership validation of blog layout, ummm, actually validate something beyond everyone else's visual and spatial colour preferences? Surely it's the content that matters! Besides, it's what *you* like... and if you like it, my dislike of some aspect of it is irrelevent. And I appear to be the only dissenter. Oh well! ~your wife~

 
At October 23, 2004 at 7:14 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the blue either. It's feminine bordering upon - dare I say - gay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home