halfacanuck

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect my actual opinions.

October 24, 2004

To-do list

I'm finally getting my shit together in preparation for my vacation working trip States-side on Thursday. Things I have left to do:

  • Make sure I can log in to my email account while I'm away
  • Copy Telephone Numbers and other Important Details into my Notebook in case I drop my Phone in the Toilet
  • Print itinerary and e-ticket from Expedia site
  • Call insurance company about missing email
  • Do more programming work! Gah!
  • Find out if I can get back into Canada without a permanent resident card. This one's fairly urgent
  • Book one-hour flight from Phoenix to Vegas (it's US$7 more than taking a nine-hour bus ride. Is anyone really that poor? Work another hour at McDonald's. Mow someone's lawn. I mean, come on)
  • Figure out how I'm going to get from my house to Toronto airport for 5am. I sincerely hope I don't have to get there the night before and sit in the departure lounge for ten hours... Update: Ack. I'll have to take the latest bus to Toronto the day before, getting me to the Bay St station at 10:45pm. I then take the subway to Kipling, and the "Airport Rocket" bus from there to the airport. I should arrive by about midnight. Hey, a five-hour wait's not so bad. No, really, it isn't. It'll be great. I can talk to people and drink a lot of coffee
  • Load up a few minidiscs with MP3s
  • Buy a sleeping bag
  • Research three of the five stories I'll be doing, and prepare questions
  • Finalize arrangements with the people I'm meeting in San Francisco so that I know what day I'm meeting whom
  • Find all my clothes (all of them, scattered variously around the house) and wash what needs washing, and figure out what I'm going to take, and decide if I need to visit a cheap-ass clothes store to pick up some cheap-ass clothes
  • Pay my cell bill
  • Find out if I can still use my phone "overseas," which should be the case because I paid a security deposit last time I went away
  • Get my ass in gear, basically

Sigh.

1 Comments:

At October 24, 2004 at 11:15 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you coming to see me??? Will you have time??? COme to think of it, will *I* have time??? Nargh....

I thought you were coming in October, early November! Wait... it's October now, isn't it. F*cking sh*t. Where did September go? Sot *that's* why everyone keeps bringing up Halloween....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home